On her recent (and final) “Favorite Things” show, Oprah highlighted the 2010 list of her “favorite things”.
There was one item on the list where the proceeds went to charity. It’s the DonorsChoose.org Giving Card – This is a gift card to DonorsChoose, a fantastic charity where teachers post things they desperately need in their classroom to help educate kids, and anyone can donate towards the purchase of those items. I donated last year to help a classroom in Boston buy a computer. The teacher was so grateful for the donation, and I was thrilled a few weeks later to receive an envelope full of wonderful hand-written thank-you notes from the kids.
While the rest of the items don’t donate to charity, I figured I’d include them for the curious. If you find this gift list helpful for your gift giving, consider a generous donation to one of Oprah’s favorite causes, which can be found here.
- Apple iPad
- “Classic Sparkles” Ugg boots
- Patent leather “Sophia Satchel” by Coach
- Magaschoni cashmere sweaterwith handbeading and matching cashmere leggings.
- Hope in a Jar Moisturizer in three different sizes by Philosophy
- Gift certificates to Nordstrom’s lingerie department.
- Prepara Herb Savor
- Centerville Chicken Pie presented by Harry and David
- Garrett Popcorn in a Custom Oprah’s Favorite Things Custom Tin
- Le Creuset French Oven, Skillet, Saucepan, Fry Pan, and Stockpot
- Miraclebody Jeans By Miraclesuit
- Sophie Jewelry box from Pottery Barn
- Jessica Leigh diamond earrings by Dana Rebecca Designs
- DonorsChoose.org Giving Card
- Mini Croissants from Williams-Sonoma
- Favorite things Assortment from Talbott Teas with tea set.
- The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo
- Let It Be Me by Johnny Mathis
- Illuminations by Josh Groban
- 2012 VW Beetle