LUSH Cosmetics is a company that really takes “socially responsible” selling to the next level. If you haven’t heard of them, you will soon. Their products are among the nicest smelling, feeling, looking cosmetics in the world, and have a growing following. And unlike many of the big cosmetics companies, they are extremely rigrous about selling only a socially responsible product. For example:
- They use only fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, essential oils, and the safest synthetics, which is better for your skin and ultimately more effective than standard cosmetics.
- Products are all hand-made in their own factories.
- Many of the products are vegan.
- None of the products are tested on animals.
- They use minimal or recyclable packaging.
- They use “Fair Trade” principles, ensuring that workers, especially in developing countries, are treated with dignity and paid a fair wage.
The company sells cosmetics, shampoo, soap, shower gels, moisturizers, bubble baths, or lip balm, all natural and handmade. The company gives generously to animal rights, humanitarian,and environmental charities.
The Charity Pot Body Lotion is extremely unique, in that a full 100% of sales (minus taxes) go directly to worthy causes. It is made with pure cocoa butter from the Ivory Coast and the Dominican Republic gathered under fair trade principles. It also contains geranium, tagetes and ylang ylang essential oils to heal and cleanse, and almond oil to leave skin soft and smelling wonderful.
While I recommend every product on the site, this is a special one. It’s not often that one jar of lotion goes so far.