This stunning watch is one of two special edition watches released by NOMOS Glashütte to support Doctors Without Borders. The watch comes in two sizes with a diameter of either 33mm or 38mmm, and both watches are limited to a production of only 1,000 watches.
NOMOS Glashütte first released a limited edition watch in March 2012 in Germany. Now, they’re repeating the charitable initiative by producing the NOMOS Tangente 38 and Tangente 33 in the United States.
What makes these hand-wound watches extra-special is the name “Doctors Without Borders” on the white silver-plated dial, as well as a red “12” and an engraving on the back referring to the international medical humanitarian organization. In addition, these special models have black oxidized hands instead of the Tangente’s usual tempered blue ones.
The back is special as well. You can watch the intricate movement of the gears through the sapphire crystal glass back.
These watches do come at a premium price ($1,840 for the 33mm and $2,140 for the 38mm), but if you know someone who is an aficionado of the finest timepieces in the world, this is an amazing opportunity to get an amazing watch.
$100 of the sale of each watch will go to Doctors Without Borders, helping this amazing organization support people in countries around the world that are affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, malnutrition, or natural disasters. $100 is enough to supply one of the following:
- 1,000+ refugees ensured clean water supplies for a week, thanks to chlorination equipment
- 17 wool blankets to protect displaced people from the cold,
- 5 emergency shelters for families uprooted during a crisis,
- 450 emergency food rations,
- 20 life-saving treatments for malaria,
- 250 Meningitis A vaccine doses,
- 90 rapid diagnostic tests for HIV,
- 25 full sets of emergency wound dressing supplies for treatment in the field.
For more information on this amazing timepiece, or to buy one, visit http://www.nomos-store.com/en/MSF-US.