Charitable Gift Giving

We surf the Web to find good products that help out a great cause.

Charitable Gift Giving header image 2

2009 Doral Golf Championship Tickets that Help Charity

February 26th, 2009 · 1 Comment · Children's Charities

tickets fore charityIf you know a fan of golf, treat them to a trip to the 2009 World Golf Championships-CA Championship and you’ll be helping a great cause.  

The TICKETS Fore CHARITY program is a way to buy tickets to the Golf Championships in Miami, while at the same time helping needy causes. 75 percent of your ticket cost will benefit a non-profit you choose, with the remaining 25 percent earmarked for The First Tee, which provides young people of all backgrounds an opportunity to develop life-enhancing values such as confidence, perseverance and judgment through golf and character education.

The 2009 Championships are from March 9 to March 15 at the famous “Blue Monster” golf course at the Doral Golf Resort & Spa. The top 75 golfers in the world, including Camilo Villegas, Sergio Garcia, Phil Mickelson and Anthony Kim (as of this post, Tiger Woods is still deciding).

Read more about it at


One Comment so far ↓

  • The CA Championship

    Thank you for the post about this great program! I work for the CA Championship at Doral, specifically with the TICKETS Fore CHARITY program, and I thought I would shed some light on this initiative. The 2009 CA Championship is the first PGA TOUR event to utilize this program to help local charities with their fundraising efforts. Due to the fact that giving back to the community is at the heart of the PGA TOUR, we plan to extend this program to many other tournaments across the country, including The TOUR Championship, The Barclays, and The Bridgestone Invitational.

    In 2008, the CA Championship and the South Florida Golf Foundation collectively raised $1.4 million for charity. Proceeds benefitted Boys & Girls Clubs in South Florida, the South Florida Golf Foundation, and The First Tee.

Leave a Comment